Sunday, July 26, 2009

Today's Inspiration: A Box of Sun

Yay! Yay! Yay! This was my first Pintauro book and the one that stole my heart (although next week's book is a close second!) A Box of Sun is summer's book, and how appropriate that right now, it is indeed summer!!!!! I could go on and on about this book. How perfectly it captures everything that is SUMMER. But, I'm getting to the point where I've said the word summer so much that its starting to sound funny and look like its spelled incorrect! So, we'll get on with the pictures!

BoxOfSun1

. . .

BoxOfSun38

. . .

BoxOfSun39

. . .

. . .

BoxOfSun82

. . .

BoxOfSun83

. . .

BoxOfSun18

. . .

BoxOfSun46

. . .

BoxOfSun42

. . .

BoxOfSun51

. . .

BoxOfSun44

. . .

BoxOfSun17

. . .

BoxOfSun16

. . .

BoxOfSun66

. . .

BoxOfSun67

. . .

BoxOfSun73

. . .

BoxOfSun86

. . .

BoxOfSun91

. . .

BoxOfSun92

. . .

BoxOfSun25

. . .

BoxOfSun21

. . .

BoxOfSun22

. . .

BoxOfSun23

. . .

BoxOfSun27

. . .



...... Truer words could never be spoken, Yes. Time does make good things come true.

Copyright: Joseph Pintauro and Norman Laliberté, 1970 - Harper & Row Publishers

18 comments:

Amy P. said...

It's too hard to comment on each individual photo. I love the pictures you decided to scan. There is the random burst of summer color, strange textures, sketchings, prints, patterns...it's all very lovely together. The grided bird, marked sun image, plant? close up, and paint splatter are great. Thank you for the morning eye candy!

. said...

holy cow. that left me quite teary-eyed! i NEED these books, thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

the books you've been finding have lit up my sky.

Alison Pate said...

This book is magic.

Sandra said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I should really try and get one of those books! It really catches the essence of summer...I'm all smitten... Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

These books really are the most special and wonderful things ever...everytime I'm feeling down and uninspired I just look through one of them and everything seems right for a little bit. Thank you, thank you a zillion times over for introducing these to me--you truly are the greatest!!

xx

Machiavelie said...

Incredible book and choice of pages to feature!

Also, I finally took photos of your glass-blown balls in my room!

http://machiavelie.tumblr.com/post/146501578/snippets

Q's Daydream said...

Oh how I wish summer would never end! :o)

Jay said...

I always knew that the secret of happiness involved pickles, somehow.

This guy is just incredible. Thank you for sharing again!

Rachel said...

wow, I must find this book. It looks delightful.

The Jodi(e)s said...

This post is absolutely breathtaking.
So gorgeous.
Incredibly happy I stumbled upon your blog today,lady.
Keep up the good work - I'll be reading!
Love&Light,
Jodie

Bethany said...

I have those books! I *love* them. They are packed away in my parents basement far away... it was a treat to see them today! Thanks for sharing. Do you have the rabbit one too? It's my fave.

Meghan said...

:0) Loved it all. Thank you.

Robin said...

love love love this blog!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love the poems! So profound... :)

Emily said...

Hi! Just came across your blog and love it. This book looks so amazing-- I need to have it. Where did you get yours?

P.C.T.V. said...

Your post is so inspiring! ,I agree .. this book is magic and breathtaking, all the images are so beauttiful, I really don´t have words to express it .
THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

Petunia Skunk said...

oh thank you thank you thank you!

i chanced upon 'the magic box' [winter] several years ago at a big secondhand book sale, picked it up for a dollar and fell devastatingly in love with it. i'm so lucky i found it (or did it find me?) and so glad you've shared 'a box of sun' with us. i only wish the rest of the set would deliver itself to me like the beautifully melancholy winter did!

Related Posts with Thumbnails