Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Birthday America!!

I can't believe it's already that time of year again! Time for sparklers and blueberry pies and lemonade and wearing more red and white gingham than you can possibly imagine at any other time of the year!

Since moving to Boston I feel like the 4th has always turned out some really silly photos - so lets step back in time, shall we?

. . .


Ah yes, 2006 - my first year in Boston! I spent my day exploring with the two creators of the nickname "Effie". We found ourselves at a little barn sale out in Concord MA and fussing around in some fields. The end of my evening was spent falling asleep on the hill at Tufts University. I think I might have caught a glimpse of one or two of the fireworks, but I have a problem with staying awake past 10:30 and that year wasn't any different...

Happy Birthday America - 2006

Happy Birthday America - 2006

Happy Birthday America - 2006
. . .


2007 was sorta a weird time for me ... break ups and make ups and all the other weirdness in between.... I think that these were the only two nice pictures I have from that day (there were some taken with a Hasselblad but I never got to see those as said break-up resulted in lack of communication...)

july 4th

july 4th, castle rock

. . .


Jumping very happily to 2008! I spent my day with my dear boyfriend riding bicycles to the farmer's market and enjoying cupcakes and other treats from a bakery in the South End of Boston. It was sort of lackluster as raindrops were looming over our heads all day - but it was nice to just relax and enjoy simple city things! Again, I think I fell asleep around 9 that night...

IMG_4834



. . .


As for 2009 - well, tomorrow's plans are unconfirmed and I still haven't decided on my outfit yet, but either way Alice and I are making it a good one! I've never done the tourist Boston firework thing down at the Hatch Shell, and most likely I'll chicken out on doing it this year.. But, there's talk of rooftops in Chinatown - and I'm thinking that sounds nice enough! Now I'm off to eat that 'Red White and You' cupcake my roommate brought me home from Sweet and then it's family time!

24 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Oh how sweet! I love every outfit so very much! I hope you have a fantastic 4th my dear! :o)

Suzy said...

my dear, if only i were so photogenic!

i tried, for a moment, to be more tasteful in picking out my outfit for tomorrow, but bright red silk is too darn overpowering! have a wonderful holiday!!

Meggy said...

Unbelievably charming photographs, as usual. We're having a nerdy outing in San Francisco for the 4th -- packing up and getting ready to go!

Anonymous said...

Hello :) I love your blog, it always makes me so happy when I read it. I love your taste :)

I was wondering if you could help me with something. I used to live in MA (Tyngsboro if you've ever heard of it) and I am visiting Boston this summer. I would love to know what you think the best vintage shops are in the area (I'll most likely be near the Public Gardens, Cambridge, and also Concord). I would love your input because you always find the cutest things (though I'm sure it takes a lot of treasure hunting!)

Camille xox

Isabel said...

Happy 4th of July (tomorrow)! All your pictures are so cute. I like the one with balloons!

jessibee said...

Oh Boston. I get so homesick reading your blog!

Jez said...

Hello from the UK!

I just wanted to say how much I love your blog. I stumbled on it after watching the Etsy video of your rather fantastic house.

Keep up the good work!

Jez (jezwhitworth.co.uk)

Hannah said...

Gosh I wish I was the same with sleep patterns, it would be great if I could just drop off at 9/10! It's lovely that you have so many nice photos of your past.

Verbosity to Me said...

Effie, your photos always cheer me up! Thanks for the smiles!

Holly Brannigan said...

Those pink flowers are so lovely! and I love your jumper in last years photograph on the bike!
xxx

Gracie said...

ooh, gorgeous pictures.
and happy 4th of July (:
x

Gracie said...

ooh, gorgeous pictures.
and happy 4th of July (:
x

Elle said...

I love the themed look of the first photos, so cute :)

Pamplemousse said...

Hope you had an awesome America Day! Us Canucks had fireworks on the beach on the 1st.

Just wanted to say, you are adorable! I love the jumpsuit you are wearing on your bike.

I found you via your etsy video house tour, and it inspired me to put up pics from me and my best gal friend's old apt. We also lived together for three years and become best friends.

Check it out: http://pamcrastinator.blogspot.com/2009/07/home-sweetsy-home.html

Sasi said...

The first two pics are lovely.

Cassiopeia said...

Yay. Great photos :-D Gorgeous! Xxxc

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Your photos are fantastic! I love the ones where you're riding the bike! Happy 4th of July! xxoxoxoox

The Girl in the Dirty Shirt said...

I love how these photos look so effortless. So many people try to emulate the style but yours look "real"- like, this is actually what your life looks like, not something you try to be. Can't put my finger on it but it's nice. You have such beautiful pictures on your blog (I found you semi-creepily when I was looking through my Google web analytic for my etsy store and found a referring link) Keep up the beauty!! <3 Katie

into the trees said...

the pictures by the sea are so pretty!

I recently discovered your lovely blog and realized that we are practically neighbors...I'm out in Somerville, MA and have visited JP many times.

The entry you had on the Natural History Museum at Harvard made me melt because that is one of my favorite places on earth! I first discovered it while going for a drawing class while attending Massart. The glass flowers there are amazing!

xoxo
heather

heather said...

amazing romper!! looks like a 1950's bathing suit, which i am sure it is. great find!

heather said...

chictopia.com is having a contest. enter your bike pics there if you haven't already. i think you could win!!

Unknown said...

i have myself a crush haha

Anonymous said...

I wish I were that adorable!

Dottie said...

I love your aesthetic, especially these cycle chic shots :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails