Wednesday, July 29, 2009

23

Well, the passing of 23 turned out to be a surprisingly lovely time. I've been dreading this day since I turned 22 (My favorite number is 2, and so 22 is the best! and it also holds a lotta sentimental value for other silly reasons, but I won't bore you with my numerology!) It started off at a little dance party in Cambridge where all the best folk in Boston came out to celebrate! It was also three of my roommate's birthdays in July so we had one great big party on Sunday and it couldn't have been nicer!

Breakfast brunch


I started off my Monday morning with a few little sweets that my boy had sent to me. I'm still whining about the Ferry Boat Building Miette being out of strawberry balls, but - the other Italian chocolates were still nice! I decided on wearing that little 20's dress Amy gave to me at Elmwood. When I first saw it I declared it my birthday dress right there on the spot - so I don't know why I was himming and hawing about what to wear. Well, I think I needed one more accessory to go with it - and so I decided to go a little over the top and tie that floppy scarf in my hair!

Alice suggested I start a new spin on the birthday dress tradition too! 1920's dresses for my 20's, 1930's dresses for my 30's and so on and on! Yes, indeed!!

My 23rd birthday


We headed off to Southern Vermont for a little New England exploration. We found our way to a really beautiful old graveyard. There was this little part that dipped down into a tiny valley in the back - we were hoping for a river to be there but it was only ferns, soft squishy grass and more head stones.








I also made Alice sit for a picture too!! Me 'n my little fairy baby... (hahaha, Alice - JOKE! JOKE!)



I have a few more pictures to share from our other adventures from the day - but that'll have to wait until tomorrow!!

34 comments:

Q's Daydream said...

Aww, happy birthday!!! I love the idea about wearing 20s dresses in your 20s and so on. You look lovely! 23 was a good year for me, I hope you have a wonderful one too :o)

Monster Girl said...

the photos are beautiful and I love love love the 20's dresses for your 20s etc idea!

JaneWherelse said...

I understand totally you nummerologie thing I had that too when I turned from 22 to 23!!! Turning 24 is a lot easier but 25 is such a huge number that I have to face in Ocktober ;(..

natalie said...

Happy birthday! You look beautiful, the pictures are lovely!

Josephine Frances said...

Wow you look so amazing that dress is stunning! I'm glad you had a lovely day!

Rebecca Jane said...

Happy belated birthday!

I love love love that dress and hat - it's a beautiful ensemble!

Anna Wallace said...

the dress was a perfect choice! and i absolutely adore the head piece.

tsilli said...

just so so perfect! happy birthday to you!

Isabel said...

That birthday dress is spectacular! You look amazing. <3

Amy said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy your early 20s- they're indeed the best time to live freely, fully and infinitely. Love the dresses!

Hannah said...

Another great birthday dress! You look so ethereal!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday again!

lovely dress, very fitting for the occasion

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

What a lovely dress, it looks so nice on you!

xo

Jennifer
http://milliedeel.blogspot.com/

CarolineD said...

I really love your blog! I often visit it but I never left comment... Today I dare (I love all your dresses!)

(PS: I don't speak English very well so I'm sorry for the faults)

Alice said...

Ohh! happy birthday :) glad you had a nice day, you look beautiful in the dress xxxx
poppiesandposies.blogspot.com

reckless daughter said...

incredible birthday outfit! I love everything about it.

Glad you had a good one!

Lydia said...

That scarf is absolutely dreamy! You look stunning, happy belated birthday!

Jessica said...

Aw shucks, I already left a real gushy comment on your flickr, but it's sortta too hard to not comment on here too! That dress really is the dreamiest dress I have ever, ever seen! Ever! Everything about it couldn't be more wonderful and lovely and that little floppy scarf in your hair really is the best sortta cherry on top! I'm so glad you ended up having a nice birthday celebration--you deserved it!! You really are a dream gal!

xx

lilly piri said...

Happy Birthday! You look lovely as always :)

Amy P. said...

Happy birthday! That dress and your headpiece together are wonderful. Birthdays are always a very reflective time (a good thing) for me. :} Your style has evolved so much.

Liz said...

Happy happy birthday!!! Your dress goes so well with your hair! It is absolutely lovely!

Jay said...

I can't wait to see photos of you dolled up in a '90s floral corset dress when you're in your 90s. :]

This dress is just perfect, and I'm just dying over those ferns. What a lovely day for a lovely lady!

Khanh said...

Happy birthday!! I love your smile and style. Perfect dress for your 20th birthday, brilliant idea too.

Aya Smith said...

oh my, what a dream dress! You look gorgeous... and Happy B-day ^_^

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday. The dress you chose to wear is incredible. I love the patter of the pink flowers, such a nice color and it looks great with your hair

lauren

into the trees said...

happy birthday! lovely pictures...the dress and the sunshine...so pretty!
xo

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

oh girl, that dress! perfect colors, pattern, and silhouette. where were you may 30th when i needed you???

Catherine Shu said...

Happy Birthday! What a beautiful dress -- you look marvelous.

Sarah Walker said...

Happy Birthday!!

It looks like you had a wonderful day! The weather looks just perfect too.

I just adore your 'birthday dress'- you look beautiful!

I adore all your obviously well loved soft toys too!

oh! swoon swoon!

To the next best year of your life! hoorah!

xo

Sasi said...

Happy belated birthday! Those sweets look like the best way to start a birthday:)

The Greedy Seagull said...

That dress is fantastic! Pretty girl in a pretty dress at a pretty place. Happy Birthday!

SK said...

Miette has such cute packaging! I was wondering if those were matches... chocolate sounds good as well! :)

You look so lovely in that dress. I'm a July-baby too. I hope you had a great one!

Meghan said...

Beautiful dress lady! Happy Birthday!!!

Teresa @ good-grace said...

adorable dress ... and beautiful images!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails