Friday, July 10, 2009

Golden Afternoon

I'm at my parents house for the weekend and I convinced my mom and dad to go to Dresser Hill Farm for dinner!! YES! There's nothing like side of the road ice cream shacks for summer nourishment. Fountain soda, chicken fingers, french fries - oh and a lil bit of mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone for dessert, yes please!

Dresser Hill>

Dresser Hill Golden Afternoon


This lovely farm happens to be located on a big 'ol hill and it never fails to have the most magical golden afternoon sunsets... I think back in the day when Jeff first started tinkering with cameras we found ourselves up there in the afternoon snappin' pics, maybe someday I'll drag him back to take some legit ones ... in the mean time - my dear mamma saved the day! (with my, ahem. iphone)

Dresser Hill


She's so cute, the backgrounds for each picture were all her thinkin' and I have to say she did a pretty perfect job framing them too!! (She told me a few times when I was complimenting her that she 'was an art major')

Dresser Hill!


Thanks mom and dad for another perfect summer afternoon!!

18 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh dear...soooo you're the most lovely and a-dorable person everrrr? You look as lovely as can be!! That dress really is the sweetest lil' thing and the setting couldn't be any more wonderful! I love the barns n' things and I lovee the sound of that dinner! French fries and ice cream!! It doesn't get much better than that!

xx

the snail and the cyclops said...

Jessica - I know you love fountain soda too! Or is it Airhead extremes exclusively?!? haha, It might just be the airheads!

Kelley Anne said...

It looks like a perfect evening. Your dress is lovely:)

Anonymous said...

aww you definitely look at home here! such a natural fit for you

queen-of-nostalgia said...

You little cutie! What a beautiful place :) Your mama did a great job :)

Parapluie said...

Such beautiful photos!

Suzy said...

how is new england in the early fall? i'm trying to plan a trip for around then, yet i can't make up my mind exactly where i'll go!

and that dress! you're so lovely.

Jessica said...

haha both!!!!

Lara said...

Is the dress vintage? I am in love with it!

Laura McLaws Helms said...

I love your dress! It works so perfectly with the whole scene.

Sasi said...

That second pic is so beautiful!

Nicole said...

I decided today to go with the crowd and say, "ooooooooh that dress!!!"

Casey said...

You look so beautiful! I love the dress! :)

Manja said...

The pictures are wonderful and I love your dress!

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain on photo composition; sometimes it feels like no one can frame a shot well but me!

Rebecca Jane said...

I'm so with you on "side of the road" spots having the yummiest food.

Also - these pics are so pretty! I love your dress!

SK said...

These pictures are so cute because I can see your mom's shadow! That, and because you look so lovely!

Anonymous said...

I grew up eating at Dresser Hill Farm, my grandparents had a dairy farm just a few miles away! And in high school we used to skip "study period" and drive the back roads to get ice cream! What a ride down memory lane~~it looks as beautiful as I remember and you look lovely in the scenery in your pretty frock.

Michelle

Related Posts with Thumbnails