Saturday, July 11, 2009

New Additions

New Hampshire: you're a magical little land when it comes to antique stores. A magical land indeed. I found some good luck over the past few days in New Hampshire... granted I don't need another thing, but - I certainly can't say no to old botany drawings!

IMG_2339

IMG_2338

. . .


$2 for each of these little dishes, sure - I'll take 'em both!





. . .


Polish yourself flatware at $1 a piece, okay - lemme have 23!

New flat ware

. . .


I'm totally in looooove with the way this old square of French tobacco smells. Uh-mayzing!

French Tobacco

. . .


One of my favorite purchases of the week, this bark cloth catch all! My shipping supplies quickly went right into it and I'll be so happy to never have to wonder where I left the tape again!

Bark cloth catch-all

. . .


I splurged a bit on this one .... (my birthday is coming up, I had to justify it somehow) But I need to stash those odds and ends somewhere!

Wallpaper drawers

. . .


I also bought a little foot rest that matches those $2 dishes just perfectly (pictures when it finds a home!) AND another one of these boxes (the floral tea box in the middle there!) I thought I was lucky to find one, now I have two!

And there's one other special new addition to my dress collection. A dreamy 20's drop waist dress in my all time favorite color combinations. Thank you Miss Amy Merrick, you're a saint for ever parting with this one!!!

20's dress

24 comments:

Parapluie said...

Amazing things!

reilly said...

wow, amazing! the silverware, the catch all, the drawers, and of course the dress! must've been a good day :)

Jessica said...

I don't even know what to saayy...everything is as perfect, wonderful, lovely and dreamy as anything!!!! Those little shelves were definitly worth the splurge--they're gorrgeous!!! Ah! And the botany drawings and carry-all...swooon! Oh dear. And that dress. Holy smokes. That's just about the most beautiful thing I have ever since in my whole lil' life!!!

xx

Sandra said...

Oh I really do love everything you've got! I'm obsessed with rose prints recently and I've spent about 2 months daydreaming of a certain cardboard box before actually buying it...Your shelves remind me of it a bit, but of course your shelves are much prettier! And those botanical prints are amazing! Too bad our thrift stores rarely carry any paper ephemera or household goods...And the dress is really gorgeous! Can't wait to see you in it!


ps- the blog is finally up, but still under construction and looking like hell.hope it will be filled with lovely things soon...

Lemon said...

love each of these items in their own deserving way! the floral drawer-chest was a worthy splurge!

Erica Kelly said...

so jealous of your finds!! i want them alll!

becka said...

I actually did a little gasp when I saw those drawers, and again when i saw the dress.

Such lovely finds!

her name is bek said...

everything is lovely, I've been looking for silverware ad can't find any that is complete or not a rip off! beautiful things!

Aya Smith said...

Some amazing and beautiful finds here! I'm blown away, I especially love the catch-all and drawers! ^_^

melly said...

The catch all, the drawings, the dishes... oooh everything's so perfect! Needless to say the dress is a dream's dream.

jessibee said...

The little dishes! The silverware! The dress! Such beautiful finds... Yesterday I "wore" my favorite vintage purse ever. I got it in New Hampshire years and years ago :)

karyn said...

the dress is amazing! i'm hoping that some day we can exchange this dress with the deer dress i have. :D

karyn said...

oh by the way i've just sent you an email. let me know let me know please.

Isabel said...

Those floral drawers were a worthy splurge indeed - lovely!

Mikkle said...

that dress almost makes me like pink! how old is it?

Sasi said...

I'm in love with that catch-all!

Lauren said...

the things you've purchased are so incredible.

amy said...

the little dishes are just so great. so is everything else you picked up as a matter of fact!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Oh love that dress!! Show us how you style it.
I would wear it with jeans,but I would love to see your interp.

Jay said...

Oh, gaaaaaasp! The dress is so beautiful. I love the pattern goes to that solid red at the bottom--or is that sewn in? Anyway, lovely finds all!

Holly Brannigan said...

Oh adorable! Those drawers are beautiful! Lucky you for picking those finds! xxx

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Amazing finds!!! I love the little dresser.

madeleine said...

really beautiful things

Unknown said...

love ur blog & ur photostream on Flickr! what lovely vintage treasures U have , such great taste! btw come visit www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails