Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What genus are you?

It's been a long time since I had a What Genus Are You? post! But, it's back and I hope to keep this somewhat a regular thing! Hunting the Archive's site for pretty things has become a new fix for junk/dress hunting - and it doesn't cost a penny!

These images come from a Belgian horticulture book written in French circa 1848 - there's a slew of volumes but unfortunately there's only 2 scanned. I imagine the rest of them are just perfect as well!

Pelargonium

Belle de St. Gilles

Pelargonium

Varities of Petunia

Prince Albert

. . .

Mimulus

Reine Claude Plum

Pansies

Thermopsis Barbata

. . .

Genetyllis Tulipifera

Portulaca Grandiflora

Brachycome Iberidifolia

Rose

Phlox

Oncidium Variegatum

Helianthemum

Penstemon Azureus

14 comments:

Tricia said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

stunning! i could stare at these all day

Kate said...

these photos are just gorgeous!

Sarah J said...

They take me back to the flower garden in Disney's rendition of Alice in Wonderland, as Alice takes part in singing 'Golden Afternoon' accompanied by a chorus of ' Pensees Auricules'.
love it.

Annalise said...

These could be really amazing tattoos if done right.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Wow, so beautiful!

PrettyDamnCute said...

Gorgeous! I love the tattoo idea. I'm thinking a room filled with frames and frames of them. I'll never be able to afford a greenhouse, but a room of these would suffice. Thanks!

A said...

I love old botanical drawings! these are lovely

HannahB said...

wow just saw these in my reader (just started to use it- and glad i did) i love these!

THE said...

Basutiful :) I really like those colours and now that spring has finally arrived its so lovely to look at them :) maybe i put some of them in frames as well :) Have a nice day!

flowermash said...

Good grief I love horticulture books.

Just incredible and inspiring.

Marcheline said...

I think I'm a "dustiflora neverensis".


8-)

Robin said...

Such a lovely post!

Color Collective said...

Love these! So pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails