Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10th

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a set of rubber circus stamps on ebay and somehow I was the only bidder? They finally came last week and I think they're just lovely!

Circus Printing Set


I'm thinking of ways to translate these stamps into pretty embroideries to hang about the house so that I can share my animal stamps with other folks and not just hoard them for myself ... but right now I'm up to my ears in vintage dresses and so embroidered stamp animals will have to wait!

Testing


Speaking of those dresses - I had a really great haul from this past weekend's flea and this is one I'm keeping for myself:







40's rayon Larry Aldrich with this crazy fully attached hot air balloon type cape thing in the back and an amaaaazing print! It reminds me of the vibrant flowers in the middle of the dark forest in the 1951 version of Alice in Wonderland ... as for the newest version. I haven't made up my mind yet. I'Il have to see it again to truly decide. If you haven't seen it yet - you should stop reading now, I think it's best to go into the theater with an open mind!

I have to say, it was better then I thought it was going to be ... there's a lot that I liked about it and I think they handled telling the sequel's story nicely... But I left the theater feeling absolutely nothing - isn't it the type of movie that should make you leave feeling excited and giddy? I think I had more feeling in me leaving Sherlock Holmes then I did Alice in Wonderland... There weren't enough scenes of Alice wandering about Underland, too much time at the Red Queen's castle. And maybe too much CGI, especially that awfully cheesy Johnny Depp/Ali McBeal dancing baby-esque scene at the end.. It also seemed like there wasn't as much 3d going on as there could have been. Man, I really wanted smoke rings to pop out of that screen... Is that too much to ask?

Anyway, I will stop with my rambles and get back to my old dresses. Expect a blog post from me later on, in the mean time - if you're curious, you should take a peek at my flickr!

21 comments:

EMILY said...

I just adore that yellow coat! It is so darn cute.

Emily Blackapple said...

The circus stamps! I die!

And the dresses are amazing...I already have my sights on a few.

:)

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Great finds! That yellow coat is adorable on you!!!!

A said...

Those stamps are so cute! And so is the yellow coat. I love the bag. :)

I saw the old dresses on flickr the other day, they are great!

BaronessVonVintage said...

oooh, just gorgeous finds!

Lulu said...

aw you always have the loveliest posts! really! =]

postcardsfromdreamland.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

I bet you have an insanely cool collection of vintage rubber stamps and cards and things. I love looking at the things you collect.

Q's Daydream said...

that dress is so pretty!

Tilly said...

Mmm... yellow coat... swoon...

this is cyclogenesis said...

Oh wow, that yellow coat is fantastic!

Lemon said...

i cannot get over the Circus Printing Set. or that it was called a Circus Printing Set. the title itself is lovely. and your dress/coat are a perfect combination of spring. early, blustering,kind and sunny spring.

reckless daughter said...

amazing dress!

PS: I'm still two minds about whether or not to go see alice. hmm...

Rosie said...

Oh woah, what a great floral print on that dress! And that yellow coat looks so amazing on you!

Jessica said...

Those stamps are so cute! And that dress! How beautiful! It looks great on you and I love how you paired it with that yellow coat! I can't wait to see the rest of the dresses!

LUU H. said...

oh, i love flea markeds :)

bestie said...

Those stamps are just precious! And that is such a pretty dress, glad you decided to keep it for yourself! Can't wait to see more. (:

Love_Again said...

so jealous. i have always search 'circus' on ebay, but didn't come across these stamps. they are really lovely!

Draft of Vintage said...

Those stamps are amazing- and I love your embroidering idea- also I am SO glad you mentioned the weird dance at the end... so random and so Disney, not at all Tim Burton... but all and all I still enjoyed it...

Anonymous said...

Those are great stamps!!! Very lovely!

regina said...

how lovely!

Marcheline said...

You look like Sarah Jessica Parker in that yellow coat photo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails