Saturday, November 28, 2009

Today's Inspiration: 1920s Logos

I meant to do this post two weeks ago - but things just got away from me, so here we are now!!
A few days before I flitzed off on vacation I spent a really nice, leisurely day flipping through this lovely book!!



I took a few photos of some of my favorite images, but stopped mid way through - it was getting to be too many pictures!!! The bulk of them are on my flickr and I know, I know - the image quality is somewhat horrific. Someday I'll have it properly scanned - but in the mean time, here's a nice little sneak!!

. . .


gogetter

. . .


manhattanmaid

. . .


crazycat

. . .


dresvelope

. . .


longchew

. . .


featherweight

. . .


californiapoppy

. . .


sudanette

. . .


closes

. . .


spiritofyouth

. . .


chico

19 comments:

B-b-b-etty said...

oh! i like them all, especially the spirit of youth!

Jessica said...

ah! These are all so, so good! I'm especially fond of the crazy cat, long chewing gum, and aeroplane! xx

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love logos, and these are reeeally gems. Amazing.

Marcheline said...

These would make fantastic tee shirts, printed on unbleached natural cotton. Tres coolio!

Anonymous said...

these are so cool! what a fun find!

Sophie said...

I love the long chew gum! I really want a book like that.

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Thanks for posting these, I'm always inspired by old signage, logos and fonts. May I ask what book these are from?

Jessica said...

these are heaven sent.

Back Garage said...

Win!

the desert foxx said...

Great post. great blog. I'm liking the first picture a lot!

Kassondra DeBoer said...

Those are neat! Thanks for posting them!

Amber R. Nelson said...

All these awesome logos remind me of a 1920's Coca Cola ad in Petaluma (about 45 minutes north of San Francisco). It's painted on the back of a 19th Century ironfront.

emma wallace said...

I love those! I think my favorite is the giraffe, close second, Manhattan Maids. Can't wait to see more!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Stéphanie said...

Fabulous !

Jay said...

I can't decide which one is my favorite! And I'm also dying to find out what kind of products Crazy Cat Puzzles put out!

Camille said...

I saw this and it reminded me of these neat vintage ads I found in my granny's old drawing books. I think you will like these!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/camilamby/4246095673/
or
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2521/4246095673_41e8209e96.jpg

There are some more on my flickr!

I love your blog, it inspires me so much.

Camille

Beatrix said...

Ooooh! Lovely! Definitely in love with the Crazy Cat Puzzles and the Spirit of Youth airplane. What book did you find these gems in?

Creative Supply Co. said...

Hey there. I've been doing some inspiration research for a branding project and would LOVE to know the name of that book you have!

jacknjane said...

what was the name of that book? i'd love to take a look at it

Related Posts with Thumbnails