Friday, November 20, 2009

Jeff Allen and the Harvest Series

I'm a lucky gal. Well, first off because I'm currently on a tropical beach vacation with family which has been filled with lots of ocean waves and silly frozen drinks... But, also because I have two of the very best friends in the entire world, and I'm really excited for both of them right now!!!

This past summer, Alice and I found an arm load of beautiful apple bags from a crazy man selling amazing things. (This was the guy selling that lovely dress form I left behind!)

Well, Alice has worked a little bit of that magic of hers and turned the bags into such amazing things and I wish I could have the entire collection! She enlisted two very dear friends and Jeff to snap the pictures and they're so, so lovely I wish I could have been there with them stomping around through that field!









Please make sure you take a peak at Alice's shop, and take a look at Jeff's photos - I'm so happy to have both of them in my life and so dang proud of everything they've accomplished. The best part is I know there's still so much to come!!!

15 comments:

Marcheline said...

Pretty cool stuff there - thanks for sharing! I love the dark autumneyness of the photos...

My word verification: "frednes"
Definition: Dyslexics who are part of your inner circle

Roxanne Rosensteel said...

Wow that is so impressive! I love it. Also I just looked through all your archives and am feeling so inspired! It'll definitely influence what I'm wearing today.

reckless daughter said...

gosh these are incredible! Thanks for the introduction ;)

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Isabel said...

Those bags are classy! Wow, I really love them.

Huzzah! Vintage said...

could jeff come take my shop photos, please?!

Elleni said...

Perfect shopping bags - I love them!

jeff allen said...

HUzzah! If I am out that way again, I would love to.

rush said...

Those bags look amazing--and so well made too.

I'm really impressed; and the photos are lovely, really shows them off.

Mom Fashion World said...

hi.
i just stumbled across your blog.
it's nice to see my fellow bostonian here.

these are nice photos and loving the bag!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Tatiana Fogt said...

these bags are STUNNING!!
i want one!
check out my blogs
www.mateial-evidence.blogspot.com
www.banana-note.blogspot.com

Emily said...

wow those really are so beautiful- I love how she kept things very simple, letting the salvaged bags speak for themselves, but with a little help from some sturdy leather straps and delicious lining. I want one!!

Sophie said...

They're so perfect, the photos and the bag. I am very jealous of your tropical holiday!

poet said...

Hi there! I don't know if I've commented here before, but I've been reading your blog for a while and I'm always impressed with it. I live in Berkeley and rarely get to San Francisco, but let me know if there's any vintage store I'm unaware of.

Greetings,
poet

If you want to look at my humble (not entirely vintage) blog, here it is: thegirlinthebaytree.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ah I hope you're having a great time on vacation! So jealous of the tropical weather!
Happy thanksgiving!
xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails