Monday, November 30, 2009

East and West Findings

Over the past week or so I've unearthed some of the most wonderful things from some of my favorite places. Massachusetts and California - you've both been good to me!

Where to begin!? Well, we'll back it up and start with Massachusetts finds.
Sigh. Deep breath. Okay.
Well, I was lucky enough to visit one of my favorite stores in the entire universe (the other unfortunately, was closed) and came 'outta there with some of the verrrry best things. Two 30s/40s era carved necklaces, a perfect 60s holiday party dress, the best floral fabric, a perfect floral pattern hat box, and and - well. the BEST hat to ever exist. Ever. Seriously.

The world's best hat, ever!


I found it by chance. I was more interested in the hat box it was in.. so, as I was pulling the hats out of the box I found thissss guy tucked in the bottom.



IMG_0236


Perfect colors. Perfectly faded soft felt. Perfect velvet circly things. Perfect striped grosgrain ribbon. In my fashion history book, it might go down as one of the seven wonders. Millineries out there: COPY THIS HAT!!!! I'm giving you an open invitation!

. . .


This is one of the necklaces I got - carved ceulluloid has been my latest obsession!!! You'll get to see the other necklace in a separate post on my antique jewelry collection! That'll be in a few weeks, there's a few pieces I want to acquire in the mean time!

1930s/1940s Carved Ceulluloid necklace


. . .


This chair was waiting for me in California. One of my boyfriend's flea market acquisitions!!!

IMG_0205


. . .


A darling little 1920s notebook I actually bought a month ago, but the colors are so perfect I had to include it in this post!

1920s era notebook


. . .


Needlepoint pillows picked up at yesterday's flea. The man selling them said they were from 1880, but I'm no needlepoint expert so I haven't the slightest. I believe they could be that old judging by the way they make me sneeze every time you move them!

1880's (?) Needlepoint Pillows


. . .


And then.. there's this. I found this totally by chance at Wasteland and I can't even believe it exists, fits, and is in such amazing shape for its age! Pink silk accordion pleats, lace!! Not a machine stitch to be seen and barely a thing wrong with it!

IMG_0227


I have another post ready with all the different outfits I've already conjured up with this blouse - but, I don't want to overwhelm the internet today! See you tomorrow!

19 comments:

Rebecca Jane said...

that hat is possibly the most perfect find of life.

Cara-Mia said...

Nice finds. I absolutely can't wait for your jewelry post!! :)

Teeny said...

That hat IS the bestest hat ever!
Teeny

Lara said...

Wow, great finds! I love the little notebook and that hat is amazing! I have a plain black hat very similar to this...maybe I can spiff it up similar to this!

Yard birds said...

EEEE!
I want your house!!

the exhausted etiquette (kirstine) said...

what an amazing find. that hat....is to die for really!
my goodness. lucky lucky girl, you!


much love
kirstine

Fabiola "Fab" said...

you're lucky! what a lovel hat! I'm crazy about vintage hats!

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Wow you're so lucky your boyfriend goes to flea markets and finds things so suited to your tastes. Love the hat & the little '20s notebook. Quite darling. :)

Christina said...

That blouse is really the last word in amazing vintage finds. I'm so jealous, the pink and lace combination is so pretty!

Marcheline said...

Overwhelm us! Overwhelm us! Honest, we can take it. We're tough like that.

Flapper Flickers + Silent Stanzas said...

That necklace is absolute perfection. Gorgeous beyond belief!

Regards,
Jennifer ^_^

Jessica said...

Shucks...most amazing finds ever!!! I can't believe that hat!!! xx

Daisy said...

Great finds, and you look gorgeous in ALL the outfits in the next post.

Jay said...

O man. So many amazing things! And to echo Leilani, you're such a lucky ducky to have a boyfriend with such lovely taste in chairs!

Huzzah! Vintage said...

so jealous! i never find anything good at wasteland. humph.

Casey said...

The hat certainly does rank as one of the best finds ever! All the details are so lovely!

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Rhia said...

That hat is gorgeous! All the best finds always seem to be in someone elses blog than mine =) You are correct, those faded colours are just perfect. It would suit to my wardrobe aswell =) Enjoy your perfect find!

Solanah said...

Oh the hat. Oh my. So pretty.

Margaret said...

you should show the hat boxes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails