Thursday, August 5, 2010

aug 5

my office

bed head


Nothing too exciting to report today. Packing etsy orders and wearing an unconventional dress for the weather. I've spent most of this week in my RRL jeans and old crew neck sweatshirts with perpetualy frozen feet. The weather has been so cold I've thought it was September since August 2nd and I've forgotten what it's like to be hot. Dude, what the heck SF? So, today I'm pretending it's warmer then it is. Wearing this white 40s dress I bought on Sunday. Tiny little tan dots and beautiful shirring along the waist and neck. It has some rips that were daintily mended and more rips that I need to mend in the sleeve. It was $5. I truly love old busted up dresses. I've been listening to this song way too much and eating too many cookies from Trader Joe's. I recommend the Lacey's. Right now is the time of the day when the heat comes on and our pale pink radiator makes clanking noises. As if some little man was in there chiseling away at a sculpture. Westley hates it and barks until it stops. Every day. Tomorrow a very kind girl named Sonja is coming over to help me with shop photos and then Saturday another very kind girl who I'm happy to have as a pal is coming to help sew. I'm planning an escape from the city for Sunday. Shop update on Monday? Who knows...

14 comments:

Emily Rose said...

trader joes! do you know i work there? do you shop there often?

and im glad to see you have been posting daily.. for the last 3 days at least :) keep up the good work doll!

reckless daughter said...

I love the daily updates! I also love Trader Joes cookies.

How nice that you were able to recruit some people to help with the shop :)

Caroline said...

Love your sweet pup!!

Meesh said...

He looks so regal! I also love your sofa--as soon as I saw it, I did a double take! I would swear it's a brand-new version of my grandmother's sofa. Lovely.

Toni Marie said...

Lovely photos. I live in San Diego and I know what you mean about the weather...strange. We're not as cold as you, but definitely uncharacteristically cold and even rain. In summer? It's been a weird summer in Cali.

Linda said...

what a cute dog!

Emily M said...

I absolutely love that song too. It's hard trying to find the right balance between wanting to hear it so often and trying not to overplay it!
Beautiful dress by the way.

Cateaclysmic said...

Where has the summer gone?
Beautiful pictures, your pup is adorable xoxoxo

Good Twin said...

Oh "Baby Birch". One of my faves, too. I love how the tempo changes midway and helps drive you along. The one I listen to too much is "Good Intentions Paving Co.". It is one of my all-time favorite tunes for sure. Keep warm! :)

Good Twin said...

For all of you who don't know "Good Intentions Paving Co." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCCl3nzL5PI&feature=related

thefabledneedle (jen) said...

i adore busted up old dresses too! somehow they seemed more loved and have more life than "nice" ones. can you imagine the girl that mended all those holes? :)

Ashley Ording said...

Your apartment looks so darling... and you look darling in it! I know I'm not the only one that enjoys the more frequent updates... Thank you for always inspiring!

P.S. Fancy Fine is my place: http://www.ashleyording.com

Unknown said...

aw I want a pup just like him! he's so sweet!
xo

Kiera said...

readyour blog for the first time today, and definitely plan on following you! At first only because I saw you had a westie ( I have 2), how pathetic is that? but I read your posts and your outfits are so great! I'm sold!

Kiera
fashioncated.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails