Tuesday, August 3, 2010

aug 3

flowers

IMG_7681


I've been working on the same etsy update for the past week... I think I'm eternally slow and behind in everything. I'll hopefully have 8 heartbreakingly beautiful things up tonight though. I know that's a tall glass to fill, but I promise this stuff's gooood. I want to keep it all but instead I've just taken 3x the amount of photos I actually need.



Above you have a practically perfect lace 1920s drop waist dress. And below a late 1940s Henry Rosenfeld. I'm slightly obsessed with everything about it. I couldn't stop taking photos in it... It's moved along through the years so elegantly.


. . .


. . .


. . .


Tomorrow I'm making myself sew until my fingers stop working. I have 15 or so printed cotton dresses that need so much stitching and if I keep working at this pace then I'm going to have them up by Christmas. Speaking of - is there anyone who might be interested in potentially working for store credit tomorrow? Nimble and skillful hand sewing fingers or a portable sewing machine is a must! (I'm unfortunately without the later and I know that I should get a sewing machine, I know - I know... but I'd just rather buy dresses and frilly things instead...) If you're potentially interested email me!

22 comments:

Carys said...

That dress is absolutely amazing, I can see why you can't stop taking photos of it!!
You look so nice!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Unknown said...

I'd love to help you sew all your pretty dress but unfortunately I am just a bit to far away! Cant wait to see what you put in your shop tonight!

Monte Amelia said...

I'll definitely be taking a gander at this dress when you put it up. It's so light looking.

Cateaclysmic said...

That dress is really beautiful, I hope your inspriration returns soon xoxo

PrettyDamnCute said...

GORGEOUS! I'd take my time too. I'm VERY INTERESTED in the 1940s Henry Rosenfeld. If you're up for it, could you convo me the measurements and price? If not, I guess I can just stalk your shop.

www.prettydamncute.etsy.com

Rebecca Jane said...

these two dresses are so very lovely!

Bárbara said...

those dress are so pretty!!

13bees said...

hmmm, may need that rosenfeld...

S said...

Oh my, that white dress is so beautiful. I love the ethereal pieces that you find.

I'll keep an eye out for the shop update!

Jessica said...

Oh dear...I look forward to 1385 shop updates more than anything else!!!! I had bad luck when I went into the city vintage shopping a couple weeks ago, but comforted myself knowing you had lots of new things coming to 1385! haha I'm most excited for those cotton dresses---my favorite! And that 1920s dress is just about the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

xx

Anonymous said...

wow! i love that striped dress! and not to mention u look great in it!!

http://wholesomefashion.blogspot.com/

hannah, heart city said...

oh my gosh what wonderful dresses! can you wear the 20s one??

polly conway said...

You are radiant, and your blog is so lovely! It was a pleasure to meet you this weekend at Renegade. :)

Fia Kilbourn said...

I love that striped dress! Very beautiful.

Jessica said...

oh my god those dresses are incredible. that 20s dress just blew my mind. the henry rosenfeld dress is also breathtaking!!

Toni Marie said...

Hello! Just found your blog and etsy store on a link from The Black Apple. Lovely blog and great vintage shop! Also, you make a fantastic model :)

Allie and Sara said...

Hi! I'd love to help with sewing, just for the practice/experience. Unfortunately, I'm pretty beginner as far as sewing goes. Wish I could help, though!

Ruth said...

The lace drop-waist is so amazing! Is it going up on Etsy??

xxx
flossyblossom.blogspot.com

Emily Rose said...

wish i lived in sf! i would be all over that in a heartbeat. i got a sewing machine and fingers!

LUU H. said...

the white dress was gorgeous !

Amber Grayson said...

All these dresses are so beautiful, I'm very jealous :)

Bruklyn Belle said...

That top white dress is absolutely one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen! And it looks amazing on you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails