Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sausalito

5


This outfit is from last week - a little afternoon trip to Sausalito. The main street was so crowded with tourists we decided to drive up to the hills and walk around the neighborhoods instead. It felt like we were in Europe!





I'm wearing a 60s gold tassel necklace that used to belong to my grandmother - whenever I visit the East Coat my mum always sends me back to California with little things she has stashed away. I brought this back from my last visit home! The sailor sweater coat was from Zara a few months back. I love how different versions of this coat keep going down the Retail chain - A.P.C. started things off, then Top Shop made a version, next was Zara... Forevs 21 it's your turn now! The antique crocheted blouse/sweater was a Christmas gift from my boyfriend. I'd been staring at it on ebay for months and months - considering cashing out my life insurance policy to buy it (well, no not really... but maybe just a little) and well, I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve it, but here it is! And the early 40s pleated skirt was a Christmas gift from Emily. (it's actually a slip dress - there's a sheer nylon bodice attached that goes perfectly under sheer blouses, like that sweater!) The shoes are probably my all time favorites, from sweet Maria's shop Adelaide Homesewn. And my tote, from the loveliest Field Guided.



We'd Seen Each Other In A Dream

28 comments:

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Your outfit is so sweet and what a pretty place you have found! Love the jacket so much :D xxx

Maria Casteel said...

you look absolutely perfect as always! and i'm so glad you are getting such good use out of those shoes. how romantic of your man to buy you that blouse. i, too, was staring at it on ebay :) beautiful.

Carys said...

This is such a sweet, beautiful outfit! I love your style, these photos are perfect.
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Nathalie said...

Beautiful pictures and lovely outfit! That skirt is so cute.

Meg said...

This outfit makes me so excited for the transition to spring! Beautiful my dear!

Unknown said...

Wow, the place really does look like Europe! I love anything with stone walls/paths and vines, it looks lovely. Also, your outfit is amazing as usual. I've always wanted the Topshop version of that coat... but can't convince myself to part ways with my savings for it.

Ashley Ording said...

yay! more posting, please! xo

Anonymous said...

loving the colours in this outfit - and those shoes are too cute. ck :) x

Caroline said...

I love that you skipped the busy parts and went exploring. Sausalito is quite charming ... one of my favorite spots. I love your style! xo

Sibba Stef said...

Beautiful photos as always!

Kellie said...

You're right, that coat has made its way through pretty much every store imaginable, hasn't it? I'm pretty sure Urban Outfitters had a version of it, too!

Amanda said...

You look gorgeous. I love how easily this outfit hangs, it's perfect. And I'm in love with your sweater, it's lovely!

xx

Monique said...

You look lovely, lady!

Anawesometravelguide said...

Love that. My grannie used to always do that. Those pieces are the best.

We just added tons of new vintage clothing as well so if you get a chance come check out our website!

www.avintagelovestory.com
www.lalalandvintageclothing.com

xx

olivia said...

this outfit is supremely good. i actually own that zara sailor number too, when i splurged on it i swore i would wear it all fall but then found it so hard to style! i replaced the buttons (zara buttons = forever falling off) with wooden ones and i think for some reason that made it look weird with nearly everything. now that i've seen you pair it with this darling outfit i may just have to give it another go. :)

Tracey said...

Lovely photos ... and I adore the colour of your dress - beautiful! :)

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

The top is gorgeous, well done to your boyfriend! Love the winding stone stairs, so dark and romantic.

Percy Owl said...

I love that coat though - it did the rounds last winter in Australia too.
This winter I'll be tempted I'm sure...

Louise said...

I love your outfit infinitely, Francesca! The coral and the brogues are such nice compliments.
You are definitely a style icon of mine!

http://hellonancydrew.blogspot.com

Rebekka Seale said...

You are beautiful and dreamy, as usual, and I absolutely LOVE that outfit. I've been dying for a long pleated skirt ever since this beautiful Juliette Hogan collection: http://www.juliettehogan.com/images/summer09/6.jpg

Happy New Year!

Leslie Kimel said...

Such dreamy pictures. I love the antique crocheted sweater. What an awesome boyfriend you have!

Anonymous said...

lovely bag :)

Phara said...

I'm in love with yr shoes! And very nice scenery.
X

Amber said...

you look lovely in this outfit, I love your dress/slip. Its such a pretty shade of pink

Annalise said...

It's so nice to get out of the city sometimes. Too bad it practically dark outside by the time I get home. Arg! You look lovely as always.
XOXO

Anonymous said...

this is the prettiest outfit! I especially love the shoes!

Ella said...

that is my ideal outfit! i love the skirt!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

This is extremely sweet and beautiful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails