Monday, September 14, 2009

Day-off apartment progress and a Big Cartel Opening

Well, my day off is quickly coming to an end (I still go to bed early, even on West Coast watches) and I wish I would have been a bit more productive - but, I still got a whole lotta things done so I guess I shouldn't complain!!

We'll start out with my outfit for the day! A pretty little 30's cotton day dress I recently picked up in the city.



Day Off!


And then we have all the fussin' I've been doing with re-arranging and trying to make do and find homes for things...
A little more kitchen bits:

kitchen windowsill

kitchen


And my bedroom.

bedroom daytime curtain setup

new bedroom

old junk in new places


The Layering Process - Part 3


... If you go to my flickr you can see what came before this ... sit tight - this is bound to change at least 6 more times! We need a lamp near the chair and then I think some old medical illustrations to go above. I'd love to find a nice embroidery sampler in corresponding shades, but those cost a pretty penny and chairs should come first!!!

OKAY - now, onto the somewhat exciting stuff. I opened a Big Cartel shop! I'm no etsy traitor - but I wanted to give Big Cartel a whirl!! I'm still fussing around with it ... so bear with me as I figure out things in this apartment and with this new website. Hopefully I'll be adding a few new things each week due to the fact that I have a walk in closet and I've quickly run out of space for my clothing and that's not even including the 4 bins of winter stuff sitting in New England... so ... you know... gotta make some room!!

OH! And I don't think you can add Big Cartel to your readers ... so I just created a twitter page for the store that I promise I won't update too much, just one tweet per big shop update. I had to use underscores because someone named John Moore thought it cute to take 1385... John, whoever you are, I'm not impressed.

Anyway, here's the link to the Big Cartel shop - check it out!

33 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

Congrats on the Big Cartel store - it looks great!

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

Congrats!! I love the print on that dress, so adorable!

Katherine said...

everything looks pretty!! if i were not in major penny-pinching mode, i would snap up that lavender floral daydress in the new shop in an instant.

sarah said...

Your house looks so adorable! I love all of your lovely vintage textiles (those curtains!!), and that wonderful green trim. :) And the dress is beautiful!

Hanne said...

The 50s shirtwaist dress in your lovely new store is calling my name! I absolutely adore it. You're apartment looks great too..the floors are beautiful!

Angelique said...

I love that shade of green on your cabinets and the wall trim. I have been thinking about painting my desk a similar color.

Congratulations on your new store!

Laurel said...

Your apartment is looking lovely thus far.

I love your photos - they are always so dreamy and romantic.

x Laurel

april said...

Effie! The Big Cartel shop looks great! I wish Etsy had that option to colour coordinate!
ps- I am in love with the green trim in your apartment!

Isabel said...

I wish I could leave intelligent and witty comments on you blog, but all I can think of is how gorgeous you look in all your pictures.

Katie Elizabeth said...

Just so you know, you sound VERY San Francisco already. "...I picked up in the city," because to natives, San Francisco is " The City," of course.

Just thought that you would like to know.

Also, everything looks lovely, as usual.

Lola Devlin said...

I know that dress! I've been eyeing it for a while!

Ashley said...

You have a lovely new house! I love the flora sheets and pillows and of course your little corner with your boxes and table. The dresses on your Big Cartel store looks lovely (as usual)! Can't wait to see the completed look of your house!

the spectator said...

Crack head hair - you're funny!

I love all your little vintage decorating touches. The way you styled the shoes with the other bits and pieces - sweet!

Gracie said...

Congrats!
It all looks so very pretty, I love it all!
xx

streetdawgz said...

baby the new shop looks so nice!!! oh i miss you so much i wish i was there all curled up in your bed eating strawberry treats and drinking bobas.
-streetdawgz

Dottie said...

I love your dress! Off to check out the shop...

Faux Naif said...

how did you make your new some look so, well, homey so quickly? i recently just changed rooms in my house and my new space is a total pigsty! ideally it'll look like one of your spots one day... *sigh*

Cafe Fashionista said...

You have the coolest bedroom ever. It's so vintage and adorable. I want to live there! :)

Lemon said...

i am in love with everything about your new home! your things are beautiful. (i collect glass items so ADORE yours all lined on a shelf, so much!)

kari beth said...

I love, love, love what you're doing with your space! Dreamy!

Julie said...

That green trim in your house is just wonderful!

Ace said...

oh your apartment looks lovely already. I love how homey it feels. I must admit, I do love nesting in a new place. I hope all is going well for you, keep us posted!

Huzzah! Vintage said...

Welcome to the Paris of the West, and greetings for across the bay!

The Greedy Seagull said...

Oh, your new place looks fabulous already! I also have glass bottles lined up in my window and I like to meditate on them catching the light.

Jessica said...

Shucks...you're probably sick of hearing this from me, but good golly you are the most magical little lady!! That dress is gorgeous and holy smokes your nest is looking incredible!! You truly have a special somethin' with decorating and all that--it look beautiful!

And hooray for the Big Cartel store!! I'm awful with change, so I'll have to get used to it, but it's lookin' really nice!! I was all sad when I thought 1385 was goin' away for a while, so I'm especially excited!!

xx

rustlethepetals said...

Oh wow! I love the curtains in your bedroom - and everything else as well :)

Anonymous said...

You have the most beautiful home - it's really stunning.

I'll be checking out Big Cartel for sure!

Polly x

Max and Chloe Vintage said...

Where do you find your lovely lace drapes?

Vintage by Crystal said...

Loving that green trim! I thought white over wood in a city apartment was lucking out! ;)

Anonymous said...

Your place looks so lovely! The green trim is to die for.. It looks like a doll house really. :-)

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

ok, i have to give you full credit for introducing me to my new favorite kind of stuffie...

freaking stuffed wind up animals. i love them. everytime i see one, i want to take it home with me. their cuteness overwhelms me.

dang you francie pants, dang you!!!!

Kelsey said...

if you ever have anything to sell, i am interested!!

Rachel said...

oh my gosh, that dress is cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails