This morning instead of doing the zillion and one things I'm supposed to do for Baked Fresh I decided to go run around the Arboretum. It was totally worth it because it was a perfect fall morning. It seems like the first sunny day in a while. This week has been grey and dreary. I actually did go with a purpose, I went to try and find more of these funny things..
Which sadly aren't ready for plucking yet (once it gets cold and frozen I'll be in luck!) I don't know what type of plant they are, but I found them by one of the ponds and it's strange because they're dead at the ends, where it looks like the flower - but the stems are still green. I wonder what they look like when the flower is actually alive. Is anyone familiar?
On our way into the Arboretum we were greeted by these lovelies flowers and it seemed like everywhere we went the sun was peeking through the trees in just the right way and made all of our pictures look so pretty! I wish that sunny warm days like today would stay forever!
Heather from it 'aint me, babe tagged me to list my 4's - usually I'm atrocious with these things, but I'm still procrastinating....
- buy a fancy gold Fisher Space Pen at Bob Slate, the best 'ol timey stationary store in Cambridge
- Visit A Good Yarn in Brookline Village and pick up some soft grey tweed yarn to knit a scarf for my boyfriend
- Went to Cafe Society where I purchased some fabric for the canopy in my room and a cute little 50's pink and black metal stool that I plan on using tomorrow at the market
- Went to Anthropologie and purchased a new fall coat which I can't wait to wear tomorrow! Also, can I just say: Anythopologie, you make me so mad with your beautiful antique displays that I'll never have and share the same price tag as a new car!
4 things on my to do list:
- Get my act together for Baked Fresh, TOMORROW (it's 9:30 PM and I still have a LOT to do)
- Really and truly organize my bedroom and workspace and fill them both with pretty plants and terariums
- Send out all the packages that are waiting to be finished and sent to Meggy, Marcine, Rhiannon, and Kaori. Girls, once Baked Fresh is over I promise they'll be on their way!
- Visit New York and spend my gift certificate at Lyell
4 of my guiltiest pleasures:
- Eating candy right before bedtime
- Cleaning the little dirt things from dog's and cat's eyes (I know this is gross, but how else will they get out of there?)
- Terrible cheesy girl movies (ones with Meg Ryan are best)
- Sesame tofu and vegetable fried rice from my favorite neighborhood Chinese food place ... I'm eating it now actually!
4 random facts about me:
- My real name is Francesca! Effie came about a few years ago when a friend was introducing me and couldn't decide on what name/nickname to give. She rattled off all of the common nicknames my family and friends have given me along the years (Frankie, Frank, F-Checks, French, Frenchka etc. etc. etc.) and then we decided that I could go by anything that starts with the letter F and so - Effie was born!
- I have a little grey dot on my left knee from kneeling on a piece of mechanical pencil lead when I was little
- I grew up on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg
- When I was in high school I started up my own little non-profit thrift store. I ran it on the weekends and sometimes after school! The best part was when the older ladies and gents would bring in donations! Always the best things!!!
4 bloggers that I am tagging:
Anyone who's up to it! Leave your answers in the comments, or post it in your blog!